October 16, 2009

Monky business

It's been said that necessity is the mother of invention. Well, tree climbing is no invention of my own but necessity did push me up a tree when a broken branch was identified hanging precariously over our car port. Not wanting to pay someone else to fix our problem I decided that I would figure out a way to do the job myself. The good thing about doing a job yourself is that you end up learning new skills which sometimes turn out to be downright fun. This certainly holds true when it comes to chainsaws and climbing as even my kids can now attest (speaking about climbing, not chainsaws). The other nice thing is that you realize that you can do things that you never imagined you could. Here is Alana way up in our tree. She is climbing the rope without any help from Dad.



Anna still keeps here adventures on the ground. She is walking but not quite ready for tree climbing.